Skin 101 FAQ
Aging Skin 101 FAQ
What happens to the skin as it ages?
As the skin ages, it naturally loses elasticity, becomes dehydrated, and cell turnover beings to slow. This combination leads to wrinkling and laxity, and a dull surface texture.
What are the signs of aging skin?
- Collagen and elastin break down and their production decreases.
- Fine lines and wrinkles appear due to a lack of collagen and elastin support.
- Cell turnover rates and hydrating components decrease, leading to dry, flaky skin.
- Sun-induced skin discolorations often occur.
What can I do about signs of aging?
Regular chemical peel treatments are a powerful way to reduce signs of aging. These professional treatments speed up the skin’s cell turnover process, which leads to fewer fine lines, wrinkles, and discolorations. Your skin will become firmer and glow! When paired with daily care for anti-aging, the whole world will notice your improved skin.
What are the best ingredients for aging skin?
There are a number of effective ingredients to look for in daily care products that can help minimize the signs of aging including:
- Vitamin C
- Hyaluronic Acid
Acne Skin 101 FAQ
What causes acne breakouts?
Acne is caused by a buildup of oil, dead skin cells, and the acne-causing bacteria P. Acnes trapped in the pore. Additionally, those who experience adult acne are likely experiencing it as the result of hormonal fluctuations.
- The skin produces excess oil and it collects in the pore.
- Bacteria is trapped in the pore and spreads.
- A clogged pore forms and beings to show up o the surface of the skin as a pustule or cyst.
- The skin becomes irritated and inflamed, showing redness on the surface of the skin and may be painful to the touch.
Treatment: Teen Clean Acne Facial Treatment or PCA Skin Corrective Peel (link to service page)
What are the different types of acne?
Depending on the person, breakouts can show up as blackheads, whiteheads, or cystic acne breakouts. Blackheads and whiteheads can usually be extracted pretty easily by a skincare professional. Cystic breakouts are under the skin, typically painful, and take longer to heal.
What are the best ingredients for acne?
Everyone’s skin is different and a skincare professional can analyze your skin and work with you to find the right products for your unique situation. Generally, people experience the best results with a mix of the following ingredients:
- Benzoyl peroxide
- Salicylic acid